We love Boba Tea and there is no better way to experiment with Boba Bubble Tea at home than with a kit made by those that know what they are doing. After making just one batch of Boba Bubble Tea you may find yourself searching for instruction online. Well, skip that silly step and go right for exactly what you need to succeed!
Our Top 5 Favorite Boba Bubble Tea Kits:
J Way's Brown Sugar Bubble Tea Kit
Premium DIY Boba Tea Kit with Matcha, Earl Grey, Jasmine, Tapioca Pearls and Straws
The Ultimate DIY Bubble Tea Kit 6 Flavors
The Perfect Boba / Bubble Tea Starter Kit, 60+ Drinks, 6 Flavors, Boba Pearls, Cups, Straws and Shaker
Matcha Pink Latte Kit - Premium Matcha Bubble Tea Kit Gift Set
What is Boba (Bubble Tea)?
Bubble tea is a tea-based drink invented in Taiwan during the 1980s, which is shaken with ice to create the "bubbles", a foamy layer on top of the drink; chewy tapioca balls are added as well. Ice-blended versions are frozen and put into a blender, resulting in a slushy consistency. Wikipedia
Per a informative and delightful article by Eater.com,
Boba Explained: A Taxonomy of Taipei’s Bubble Tea
"Order Like A Pro - Boba comes equipped with its own lingo. Whichever style you choose, get your drink like a local — fully customized. Here’s a glossary:
Quán táng (全糖) - Full sugar
Shǎo táng (少糖) - Less sugar
Bàn táng (半糖) - Half sugar
Wēi táng (微糖) - Some sugar
Zhèngcháng bīng (正常冰) - Regular ice
Shǎo bīng (少冰) - Less ice
Qù bīng (去冰) - No ice
Wēn yǐn (溫飲) - Warm
Rèyǐn (熱飲) - Hot
Excerpt, 2021 Eater.com"
Their tidy design and delicious flavor provide a curated BOBA Tea experience that will make you a boba connoisseur overnight!✨
The 10+ Drinks Thai Boba Tea Kit: Tea Powder, Tapioca Pearls & Straws By Buddha Bubbles Boba (shown below) is a great way to start you Boba Bubble Tea journey. It includes everything but the plastic cups.
- 10 Ounces Thai Boba Tea Powder (makes 10 drinks)
- 10 Ounces Black 5 minute Boba Pearls (makes 10 drinks)
- Fat Boba Straws
We really like this specialty Boba Bubble Tea Kit (shown below) package though. It makes this journey easy and offers all types of flavors, including custom flavor set.This truly is the ULTIMATE DIY Boba / Bubble Tea Kit, 60+ Drinks, 6 Flavors, Boba Pearls, Cups, Straws and Shaker (FUN)...no joke!
There are four different package options are available:
- Fruity with Banana, Coconut Cream, Mango, Papaya, Green Apple, Watermelon
- Fun Bubble Tea Package with Almond, Bubble Gum, Lychee, Lavender, Rose, Taro
- Custom Bubble Tea Kit with your choice of 6 from flavors
- Classic Boba Tea Kit for home or business with Taro, Honeydew Melon, Green Tea Latte, Milk Tea, Thai Tea, Spiced Chai Tea Latte
How To Prepare Tapioca Pearls For Bubble Tea
Step 1: Boil Water
Step 2: Pour tapioca into boiling water
Step 3: Stir lightly
Step 4: Let the tapioca float to the top
Step 5: Cook for 15 minutes on high heat with cover on
Step 6: Steep the cooked tapioca for 15 minutes
Step 7: Drain the water from the cooked tapioca
Step 8: Cover in sugar syrup
Another fun and fruity Boba Tea option is:
- ✅ Fusion Select - Best Combination and Selection inventor - Presenting Mango Flavor Tea with Tapioca Pearl along with 50 pcs of Bubble Size Straw
- ✅ Easy premixed powder to create a fun party drink with Bubble Pearl from Wufuyuan - Great for any occasions: Party, College, baby shower and Etc
- ✅ Same Professional flavor on the market - Never had to take a long drive when you have the carve for bubble tea. Mango Bubble Tea Hot or Cold Mango Bubble Tea
- ✅ Make you own bubble tea (Mango Flavor with great Bubble Available)
- ✅ The Bubble is easy to make and ready in 5 minute
I tried #1, #2, and #5, they are all really good, but #5 is my FAVE!