Wedding and party favor boxes look nice and are so fun to pair with your wedding party decor and special event themes, however they may leave you with the problem of what to fill them with.
Here are some reasons why wedding party planners opt to use wedding favor boxes:
- add that extra special touch to your wedding decor
- come in 1000s of different varieties
- match your theme
- match your wedding color palette
- easy to fill
- tend to be inexpensive
- come in a wide variety of styles that can add great personality to your tables
- personalize your box for an amazing extra special touch
This is all wonderful and great, but maybe you are still left pondering;
- What should I fill favor boxes with?
Here are a few questions that may help you determine the best items for your boxes.
First off, do you have a wedding theme? If so, you may want to theme the items to match your wedding theme. For example a beach wedding; fill the boxes with edible chocolate seashells, but keep in mind if heat will be an issue maybe candy isn't the best option.
Here are a few suggestions:
- themed wedding candy to match your wedding (options include color and personalizations)
- specialty teas (with a tag that says "Love is Brewing"
- Miniature artisan soaps
- Personalized Wedding I Do M&M Candies
- gummy candy shaped like fish, seahorses, gumballs
- homemade white chocolate pretzels with gold edible crystals
- trail mix or mixed nuts
- dinner mints
- petite cookies
- flower/plant seeds
- salt water taffy
- flavored salts (i.e rosemary salt, lemon sat etc)
- flavored sugars (i.e. vanilla bean infused sugar, cinnamon sugar)
- chocolate coins
- dress up items for the wedding reception - necklaces and fake mustaches
- single serving pot of coffee beans/grinds
- petite crafty candles
- personalized ornaments for Christmas or otherwise
- edible artisan marshmallows
- lavender bags for intimates
The list goes on, for other ideas drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional ideas on what to fill wedding party favor boxes with visit:
Wedding Wire article "Any ideas of what to fill favor boxes with other than the traditional candy?" and Martha Stewart Weddings article featuring 15 Years of Wedding Favors